Saturday, October 27, 2012

Climate Silence

From the Guardian Newspaper: US presidential debates' great unmentionable: climate change

The Pentagon ranks it as a national security threat and, left unchecked,climate change is expected to cost the US economy billions of dollars every year – and yet it has proved the great unmentionable of this election campaign.

Check out the Climate Silence website for both candidates statements, action and inaction on the issue.

"I'm all in favor of eliminating pollution. Now I know there is also a movement to say that carbon dioxide should be guided or should be managed by the Environmental Protection Agency. I disagree with that. I exhale carbon dioxide. I don't want those guys following me around with a meter to see if I'm breathing too hard."

Mitt Romney in a speech on 11/18/2011. He's just joking right?

No comments: